Wednesday, October 21, 2009

And whistles and such infantile truck. And what do you think he's goin' to do with them inefficacious knick- knacks? Don't surmise none--Cherokee told me. He's goin' to lead 'em up in.

Impatiently wait and meanwhile can safely assure you that I never was more at ease or better satisfied with myself and everything about me than at the present hour. Your husband I abhor Reginald I despise and I am secure of never seeing either. lexapro online Started to go over and look at Tommy Ross. All at once I knew I wanted to get out of there. I took Tina Blake's hand and said 'Let's run. Quick. ' To get to the fire doors you had to go down a short corridor to the left of the stage. There were sprinklers there too but they weren't on. And the doors were open - I could see a few people running out. But most of them were just standing around in little groups blinking at each other. Some of them were looking at the smear of blood where Carrie fell down the water was washing it away. I took Tina's hand and started to pull her toward the EXIT sign. At that same instant there was a huge flash of fight a scream and a horrible feedback whine. I looked around and saw Josie Vreck holding on to one of the mike stands. He couldn't let go. His eyes were bugging out and his hair was on end and it looked like he was dancing. His feet were sliding around in the water and smoke started to come out of his shirt. He fell over on one of the amps - they were big ones five or six feet high - and it fell into the water. The feedback went up to a scream that was head-splitting and then there was another sizzling flash and it stopped. Josie's shirt was on fire. 'Run!' Tina yelled at me. 'Come on Norma Please!' We ran out into the hallway and something exploded backstage - the main power switches I guess. For just a second I looked back. You could see right out on to the stage where Tommy's body was because the curtain was up. All the heavy light cables were in the air flowing and jerking and writhing like snakes out of an Indian fakir's basket. Then one of them pulled in two. There was a violent flash when it hit the water and then everybody was screaming at once. Then we were out the door and running across the parking lot. I think I was screaming. I don't remember very well. I don't remember anything very well after they started screaming. After those high-voltage cables hit that water-covered floor . . . For Tommy Ross age eighteen the end came swiftly and mercifully and almost without pain. He was never even aware that something of importance was happening. There was a clanging clashing noise that he associated momentarily with (there go the milk buckets) a childhood memory of his Uncle Galen's farm and then with (somebody dropped something) the band below him. He caught a glimpse of Josie Vreck looking over his head (what have i got a halo or something) and then the quarter-full bucket of.

No comments:

Post a Comment